Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sausage, Potatoes, Onions and Peppers..oh my!

If you're like me, sometimes a quick and easy meal is just what you need. Perhaps you're looking for a nice comfort meal ?

This is one of the tried and true in my home - the old stand-by. It's quick, it's easy and really, really good. I got this recipe from my mom and my aunt. They do it a little differently - I personally like the way I do mine a little better (shhhh!!!).



1 - 1 1/2 lbs Italian Sausage (sweet or hot, your choice) OR 1 lb. chourico if you like a spicy sausage - Yum!!

1 small onion - chopped

1 green bell pepper - or red if you choose!

2-3 large potatoes cut into chunks (peel them or not, up to you..i like to keep the skins on mine..more vitamins!).

Butter

Veg.Oil

Salt

Pepper

Paprika


Fill large pot with cold water - put potato chunks in and bring to a boil - until potatoes are tender or soft, that's up to you. I like my potatoes to be on the softer side.


In a large pan, sautee onions and peppers together in butter and some oil until soft. Place into side bowl.
Next cut up sausage into chunks and sautee in more butter/oil until browned and cooked through. Remove and place into side bowl with onions & peppers.

Once potatoes are cooked..drain and place potatoes into the large sautee pan with the left over oil & butter -sprinkle with salt & pepper and some paprika. You may need to add more oil and/or butter .. get the potatoes covered with the good greasy stuff and then add in the side bowl with all ingredients.


Enjoy it! I hope it's one of the recipes you turn to during a day of "oh no..what do i make for dinner..?" like I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment